WorkWays™ transforms a functionally-based flight department into a process-driven one.
With WorkWays, there are no more duplicate efforts or tasks that don’t belong. There are no more differences of opinion on how a process is to be performed, or who ‘owns it.’ Instead, your organization will execute with precision, in a process-driven manner, uniformly and collaboratively across all functional boundaries.
Every aviation organization—even those which are IS-BAO Stage 3 registered—needs to examine the full range of its processes. There are many processes within a flight department that are not addressed by IS-BAO; hence, the need for a more overarching approach.
Right now, within your flight department, there are good processes (which are consistently repeatable) and bad processes (which are relationship-based and not repeatable). You need to be able to advance the former and eliminate the latter.
Do you know how to tell the difference? Contact us and let’s talk it through.
WorkWays™ will increase your aviation organization’s operating efficiency, lower costs and enable the delivery of consistently superior service to your travelers. Guaranteed.
Reduce your operational risk and optimize Flight Department effectiveness
How many critical functions or tasks in your aviation organization are known by only one person? What happens when they take time off, get promoted or resign?
From a business continuity standpoint, how much risk are you willing to take? And when will you take control?
WorkWays™ from Gray Stone Advisors will increase your aviation organization’s operating efficiency, lower costs and enable the delivery of consistently superior service to your travelers. Guaranteed.
Sound too good to be true?
WorkWays™ transforms a task‐based flight department into a process‐driven one.
No more duplicate efforts or performing tasks where they don’t belong. Instead, your organization will execute with precision, in a process‐driven manner.
And, as an added bonus, leading a process‐driven organization will likely advance your career.
Every aviation organization—even those which are IS‐BAO Stage 3 registered—needs to be process‐driven. Right now, within your flight department, there likely are good processes (which are consistently repeatable) and bad processes (which are relationship‐dependent). You need to be able to tell the difference between the
two, eliminate the latter and advance the former.
WorkWays helps aviation organizations become process‐driven and far more efficient. It will help you lower operating costs and consistently deliver the highest levels of service.
Becoming process‐driven rather than “relationship‐dependent” will break down functional silos and resolve turf issues by defining what gets done, how it gets done, and by optimizing work processes to achieve peak efficiency. And in a “process‐driven” instead of “relationship‐dependent” mode, your organization will get
more work done quickly and efficiently, regardless of who is performing the tasks.
Business Benefits of WorkWays™
- Business Continuity Safeguard – Avoid the “critical person syndrome,” where execution of a process within your flight department depends upon a certain individual. Backfills and job mobility are both created naturally.
- Consistently Exceptional Service – Eliminate “hit‐or‐miss” performances in service to your executive travelers. Go above‐and‐beyond every time, by being aligned with and anticipating expectations. This will help improve the perceived value delivered by your organization to key travelers and decision makers.
- Reduce Operating Costs – Increased operational efficiency means less rework, fewer quality escapes, and minimal duplication of efforts. Eliminating “do‐overs” creates more time for your team to focus on the important tasks that drive the organization to the next level of operating excellence.
- Higher Levels of Employee Engagement – All employees can examine the processes and challenge the status‐quo. Opportunities for improvement are easier to see when processes are objectively defined. Process documentation provides excellent cross‐functional employee with development opportunities.
- Internal Alignment – Roles, responsibilities and deliverables get clarified, both within and outside of the department. Clearly defined processes can ease strained interactions between the flight department’s functional groups.
- Work/Life balance – Key contributors don’t have to be “on” 24/7. They can have a life, without it creating disruption and causing panic on your part.
- Respond Rapidly – Efficiently scale your operation (up or down) based on customer needs, market conditions and/or regulatory environment. This translates to “growth and change without chaos.”
WorkWays Three‐phased Approach:
Phase I: Conduct an On‐site Survey
A Gray Stone Advisor will conduct an on‐site survey to understand the specifics of your organization, determine which tasks and processes are the most critical, which ones are the most vulnerable, which people and roles are the most overworked and why. We’ll work alongside each functional leader, resulting in a fully defined work scope and project calendar.
Phase II: Identify, Map and Document the Core Processes
We’ll work with your team and department leader to incorporate a flat, lean and simple process documentation system. Collectively, we will identify, define and document what work gets done in each functional area. These are your Core Processes. Each core process will have a process flow map, process owner (by title), detailed process description and effectiveness measures. We’ll go through our rigorous, proprietary methodology to ensure nothing is overlooked. Upon completion, everyone will know what each of the functional groups is doing and how it’s done.
Phase III: Identify and Document the Operating Processes
Next, the most important Operating Process will be defined. These explain how work gets done. When the Operating Processes are written correctly (and linked back to the Core Processes), almost any employee can fill‐in well enough to ensure that the department will not skip a beat. Additionally, all existing revision‐controlled forms or documents, such as the Flight Operations Manual, will be considered. And finally, all Core and Operating Process documents will be uploaded to the department’s document storage system (e.g., SharePoint or equivalent).
Start Performing at Your Peak!
To bring your flight department to new heights, contact us at +1.865.357.5077, or email us. We’ll answer any questions you may have and help you get started.